Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas 2019

Merry Christmas 2019

A copy of my all-time favorite Christmas Card. The image of a baby 'Christ Child' in Mary's or maybe Joseph's arms never ceases to take my breath away! The gold wedding band....
Thank you, Randy for putting this card together in 2016 (I'm guessing).

Christmas, December 25th

If, as Herod, we fill our lives with things, and again with things; if we consider ourselves so unimportant that we must fill every moment of our lives with action, when will we have the time to make the long, slow journey across the desert as the Magi? Or sit and watch the stars as did the shepherds? Or brood over the coming of the child as did Mary? For each one of us, there is a desert to travel. A star to discover. And a being within ourselves to bring to life.
~ Author Unknown

The treasures as 'the quote above' re-discovered again this time of year from my Simple Abundance 'A Daybook of Comfort and Joy' by Sarah Ban Breathnach bring a delight to my heart. It's really so true that if we get too busy, we can miss out on so much. Maybe this happens a lot at Christmas time as Christmas is becoming more & more commercialized each year. My second favorite Christmas card has 'one of' Saint Teresa of Calcutta's quotes. 

"It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you. 
Yes, it is Christmas, every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand."
~ Saint Teresa of Calcutta

I am so very thankful for my family and friends. Today I ask God to forgive me for not reaching out more often to them and also for not giving more kindness to the strangers on my journey. I'm such a work in progress.

Yesterday on Christmas Eve afternoon we visited Randy's cousin Richard & his beautiful wife Jeanette Powell. Blessed to see their lovely daughter Emily 'visiting' and meet their fur babies Madeline and Matilda. What a Christmas joy! Then last night 'on Christmas Eve' we enjoyed dinner with our awesome son Jason and his precious daughters at his home. Unfortunately Nicole was not feeling well and sleeping and Anna was away visiting a friend. Wow...the places we go.

Of course I'm missing all of us being together however the love we have in our hearts for one-another keeps us connected. Amy and Chris are following their star 'so to speak' to Cali in a few days and we are truly excited. 

Yes, let us celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ! Merry Christmas! You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment