Sunday, October 13, 2019

Newport Beach, CA - Pacific Ocean vacation


This beautiful bouquet awaited my arrival
My first Beach Sunset

The little map of Balboa Peninsula that I made before my trip. I know...quite out of proportion.





Our daughter Amy flew me out to visit her October 4 - 11, 2019. Our visit has been filled with fun, adventure and excitement.
Friday, Oct. 4th- After attended first Friday Mass at St. Jude Parish, Randy took me to Eisenhower Airport to take SW Airline flight 516 ICT 12:35 pm.  I met and visited the most delightful young man, Brendon, a tall good looking HS senior from Denver, CO (visting his grand parents in Wicita) heading to play in a baseball tournament in Phoenix.  We chatted about everything. An awesome young man with dreams that I believe will be achieved. Arriving at SNA Orange County, CA at 3:05 pm One stop w/o plane change in Phoenix, Arizona. This worked out really well for me because open seating I moved to the front of plane. Amy and Brittany (her friend) drove me to our air B&B on 29th St. In Newport Beach! 'Is called Salt Water Studio & cuter than  button'. The ladies headed out for a conference in LA.

Saturday, October 5th~

Kumba, a sweet dog & her sweet owner.








Lido Marina, Newport Beach
Sweat for the Cure - Susan G. Women Breast Cancer Fund Raiser
October 5th - 9 am_noon

The most beautiful 'Bird of Paradise' that I have ever seen!








Sunday, Oct. 6th~
Our beautiful daughter Amy
(pic taken in front of the medical building where she works)



We enjoyed Saddleback 11 am Church service (Pastor, Rick Warren)




Amy treated us to a sunset cruise Sunday evening. So much fun!!




Monday, Oct. 7th- Feast Day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel~ walked & arrived in time to pray the Rosary before Mass. Very blessed to attend Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel Church here in Newport Beach.


Another fun day at the beach (only a short two block walk). In the evening Amy, Dr. Steven and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Cannery Restaurant in Lido Village next to the marina. Someone celebrating their  30th birthday on a boat sailed by. The unusual thing was that the birthday girl and some friends were in a hot tub. Really!

Tuesday, Oct. 8 - long walk, beach time and in the early afternoon we shopped at Fashion Island and went to dinner theater to see 'Downton Abbey', which was awesome!!

Wednesday, Oct. 9th- a lot of walking & time at the beach...

Thursday, Oct. 10th- a lot more walking & time at the beach...

Friday, Oct. 11th-
This day went by like a flash! After cleaning up the air b&b we packed up and headed to the very south end of the peninsula to take a peek at a house for lease then Amy was kind to take me for a last minute shopping purchase. Next we drove to LA, turned in the rental car, hopped on a shuttle to LAX Airport and flew into Kansas City Airport. Chris, my awesome son-in-law was tight on time with jackets ready for us.

The flight home will always be a special one because I made the sweetest new friend 'beautiful inside and out.' Our conversation started when I asked my new friend if she had read the poem 'The Dash' by Linda Ellis.They say "To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world."' Not that I was that someone for her BUT that she was someone there for ME. I feel truly blessed meeting this young lady probably more than she knows. I even had a chance to share about the Miraculous Medal and we exchanged little stories of our lives. It is amazing how God is always working, later I found some answers to questions I've been pondering in my heart.'"




'The last flower of my bouquet'



"We celebrated Aspen's 1st Birthday"This was one of the best vacations ever.
 I am spoiled rotten. Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment